Tucan is a free application and open source code designed for the automatic management of downloads and uploads in web hosting sites as:
- It is entirely written in python.
- Graphical user interface written in PyGTK (GTK+ toolkit).
- Cross-platform (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Microsoft Windows …).
- Easy to extend with plugins.
- Lightweight and quick.
- Management of waits between downloads (anonymous access).
- Recognition of captchas where needed (like anonymous access to megaupload or gigasize).
- Management links interchangeable.
- Python >= 2.5
- Python Imaging Library
- Tesseract OCR (with the package of the English language)
- SVG Rendering Library
- app-text/tesseract (linguas_en)